Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yummy yum fruit


This weekend I bought some giant nectarines at the grocery store. The nectarines I'm used to aren't that big. Each one is usually the size of a plum or a squeezable stress ball. But these new nectarines were large, about the size of navel oranges.

I felt them, and they seemed ripe, so I purchased three of them. Yet I was still skeptical. I figured since these nectarines were large, they wouldn't taste as good as the small ones.

I waited until today to try one of my giant nectarines. It took me a while to cut the whole thing into pieces. Then I tasted it. It was yummy yum yum in my tummy tum tum! Who knew?! I'm going to eat these fist-sized nectarines all the time! Of course, with the hormones and pesticides that were probably used to grow these big fruits, my third eye and sixth toes will be a-glowing with radiation by the end of the summer.

.

2 comments:

angryyoungwoman said...

Oh, you are making me hungry!

ifelicious.com said...

i haven't had any nectarines this summer and just had my first few peaches last week. i'll have to venture over to my local giant eagle or kroger and find me some. 'tis the season!

now, if i could only find maryland blue crabs in the midwest...