Saturday, April 18, 2009

Whenever I think to myself,



"Is it just me, or . . .", it is never just me. Janeane Garofalo, who recently played a caricature of a women's studies professor on Greek, crystallizes the TEA party movement for me:


"Let's be honest about what this is about. It's not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea Party was about. They don't know their history at all. This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism, straight up. That is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks."


For additional coverage, here are some articles:

appreciate opportunities to release their repressed racism in public, by Macon D, stuff white people do.


10 Most Offensive Tea Party Signs
, by Nico Pitney, The Huffington Post.

.

No comments: