Tuesday, June 01, 2010

"Coitus Interruptus"



Eight chapters completed in the sequel to to Steve the Penguin! The tentative title of the second novel is now Bianca Reagan: Where The Action Is. An excerpt from Ch. 03:


SandyBeachGirl99: my nephew's birthday party wasn’t that bad. most of Mormon people were nice.


DannyOcean1112: we usually are


SandyBeachGirl99: it was more the not fitting in with my own family


SandyBeachGirl99: they moved to a new town without telling me


SandyBeachGirl99: not to mention the wedding they had 15 years ago without inviting me


DannyOcean1112: do you really want to play the Compare Families game?


SandyBeachGirl99: you win every time


DannyOcean1112: sister was in the pokey. brother with the gambling addiction. both still on probation, wondering what to do with their little ones at home


DannyOcean1112: now my sister is back on house arrest with the ankle bracelet.


DannyOcean1112: can you beat that?


SandyBeachGirl99: let me think. no.


SandyBeachGirl99: but I still wish I could be closer to my niece, considering she only lives an hour away


DannyOcean1112: you are making an effort. I know your niece appreciates it.


SandyBeachGirl99: I’m taking her and her friend to see a movie next month. the remake of Dance ‘til Dawn


DannyOcean1112: that TV movie from the 80s?


SandyBeachGirl99: yep, but this time it’s on the big screen, starring the usual suspects from every teen show on the primetime lineup. I think we’ll have a good time.


DannyOcean1112: well there you go. you’re the fun aunt


DannyOcean1112: i don’t get to be the fun uncle. i’m the responsible one. i am the one stable role model my nieces and nephews have.


SandyBeachGirl99: I know they appreciate you.


SandyBeachGirl99: hold on. phone call.


SandyBeachGirl99: talk amongst yourself


DannyOcean1112: give me a topic


SandyBeachGirl99: Rhode Island is neither a road, nor an island. Discuss.



.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We should totally cast the remake!!!

Bianca Reagan said...

That would be fun. :)

angryyoungwoman said...

I can't wait until the book comes out!