Monday, June 21, 2010

My favorite part of Please Give


He's so dreamy, though I could do without the scruffy soul patch. And he's representing for all the short guys:



So, Please Give takes a few jabs at your height, but what the film fails to mention is that Rebecca Hall might be an actual giantess.

[Laughs] That would just take away from all the comedic aspects of our relationship.


How tall is she?

I’m not sure. I know that I wasn’t necessarily short enough, or as short as Nicole Holofcener wanted the character to be. I’m, like, 5’7”, but Nicole said that when she found guys who were shorter, they had weird arms. [Laughs] So she didn’t choose them.


Had you ever felt like your height got in the way when you went up for roles?

I never felt that way, only because some of my favorite actors are my height or shorter. Dustin Hoffman is a perfect example of that. I think it takes a certain sense of confidence to allow my height to be made fun of without developing a Napoleon complex, and my character has that confidence and I think I have it a little bit.


I also enjoyed the cranky old lady, even though half of the cast was hoping her character would die:



.

No comments: