Sunday, July 19, 2009

90% white people + 10% black people = 1 United States of America




Rachel Maddow: Why do you think is that of the 110 Supreme Court justices we've had in this country, 108 of them have been white?

Pat Buchanan: Well, I think white men were 100 percent of the people that wrote the Constitution, 100 percent of the people that signed the Declaration of Independence, 100 percent of people who died at Gettysburg and Vicksburg. Probably close to 100 percent of the people who died at Normandy.

This has been a country built basically by white folks in this country who are 90 percent of the entire nation-in 1960, when I was growing up, Rachel-and the other 10 percent were African-American who had been discriminated against. That's why.


That's why. Except that, if in 1960, there were only white people and black people in the United States, and nonwhite, nonblack Sonia Sotomayor was born in 1954, then where did she come from?

For further perusal, you can read "Rachel Maddow Takes On Pat Buchanan (VIDEO): "You're Playing With Fire... You're Living In The 1950s" by Jason Likins at The Huffington Post. You can also read "A history lesson for Pat Buchanan" by ttujoe at Daily Kos.

.

No comments: