Thursday, August 09, 2007

"What?! Interrobang?!"


From the comments section of "What's the matter, Boo-Boo, you photograph puffy?": My Boys, by Carrie on South Dakota Dark.

Bianca Reagan said...

Did anyone else think/hope that Brando brought Bobby to the party but didn't tell anyone because they were secretly dating each other? That is totally the vibe I was getting from them in the elevator, going up to their special hotel room, where they [would] give in to the love that dare not speak its name. I would have loooved to see that story play out.


"I'm phmished. Ampersand flummoxed."

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are hilarious!

Ummm over reading Catherine's blog and saw your Meg Cabot exchange. Dang it, you already gave away Boy Meets Girl???? I let a friend borrow it and have never gotten it back.

I read the end of Harry Potter today, because I finally got my book in the mail. I ordered it from Amazon about a week before it came out, so I shouldn't complain. Anyhoo, I didn't like the end. I found it predictable. That's saying something (I don't know what exactly) considering I didn't read the rest of the book. The hetero-normativeness, the lack of prominent nonwhite characters, and the over-representation of males in the Harry Potter universe has really gotten to me since Book 6 and Movie 5. I think I'd be able to overlook some of those pitfalls if the story were more original. But it's not. There is also an article I read somewhere on the interwebs that had similar complaints, though I can't remember where or how I found it. I'll figure it out.

I'm in shock that YOU ONLY READ THE ENDING?????? You call yourself a writer?????? You can't just read an ending that's like sacreligous or something. I so don't know if we can be friends anymore. :)

Bianca Reagan said...

Thank you!

I read Boy Meets Girl when it first came out in 2004. I gave it away two years later when my co-worker was collecting items to send to his friend in Iraq.

I don't call myself a writer, although other people do. I call myself a future media mogul. I used to read the end of the Bible in church. Revelations was the interesting part. I can find a new friend and I'll call her Stephanie, even if that isn't her name.

Stephanie said...

ha ha ha ha!!! You're a writer girl! :)