Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I don't know how many times


I watched The Client when I was thirteen years old. I was just fascinated by the film's young debut star. I even watched the movie in French on a cruise ship. So while the following news isn't exactly a shock to me, it's still sad (via Defamer):


TMZ is reporting that Brad Renfro, star of Apt Pupil and The Client, passed away earlier today at his Los Angeles home at the age of 25. The cause of death is still unknown.


With the teen idols of my youth slowly dropping like flies, I must insist that someone inform me on the status of Joshua Jackson, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Josh Hartnett, anyone beginning with J. I'm pretty sure Mr. Gordon-Levitt is still alive and kicking. And Joey Lawrence is almost as dedicated to fame-whoring as Mr. Singing Bee is. So those three should be okay

.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Saw this on Best Week Ever and texted Chrissy with the sad news! You just never know anymore.

Anonymous said...

Joshua Jackson: His new film Shutter will be in theatres March 21, 2008. he also made two other films, One week and battle in seattle. He is currently dating Diane Kruger. Http://www.josh-jackson.net is the BEST place for any Josh news.

Not sure about the others.

Brad Renfro is the LAST person I expected to pass away so young. Too sad.

Chrissy said...

So sad. I believe the last thing I saw him in was "Tom and Huck", cuz I can't remember if I saw the L&O:CI he was in a couple years ago.

Carrie said...

Joshua Jackson is alive! And making terrible movies not worthy of him! Never fear! My friend Mandy runs that JJ.net site and I would be the first to know if anything happened to him. If Pacey died, I think I would have to call into work that day. Seriously. I would be distraught.

So sad about Brad Renfro.

Bianca Reagan said...

Thanks anonymous and carrie! It's nice that Josh has people looking out for him. If only the same could be said about JTT.

Chrissy said...

Remember he doesn't like to be called JTT! Hahahaha!

He hasn't done anything since like 2005. And he was doing voice work. I had so many pics of him when I was like 12, and I really liked Man of the House with Chevy Chase. I saw it in the theater. Haha!

Bianca Reagan said...

I haven't seen any of his movies in the theater. However I did purchase a used copy of I'll Be Home for Christmas from Blockbuster during my first year of college.

Is anyone keeping tabs on Devon Sawa and his doppelgänger Tom Guiry? Tom might have taken to the bottle after The Black Donnellys tanked.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

This one was sad, wasn't it? I mean, every stupid overdose and suicide is sad. I watched The Client several times too. I love that movie. Love Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones in it, and their chemistry. Brad Renfro was such a good actor. But you can see it in his eyes in most of his recent photos--he looks scared and sad and kind of dead already. Poor guy.

Carrie said...

Wait, I just remembered -- JTT was in an episode of Veronica Mars! An awesome season one episode, in fact.

Bianca Reagan said...

carrie, that gives me even more reason to watch Veronica Mars.