Thursday, July 26, 2007

My new celebrity crush


Meet Ilan Hall, winner of Top Chef Season 2. He's so dreamy. I wasn't that into him when I was watching his season last year. But after watching Top Chef: Watch What Happens, the inexplicable reunion that is airing during the middle of the third season, I can smell what Ilan is cooking. He was wearing a tuxedo with too-short pants and no socks, which is normally a bad look, as well as too fancy for any show on Bravo. But he looked so cute!

According to the special, Sam (seen below) is the former cheftestant who attracts most of the ladies.


He reminds me of this guy that I once knew. Same look, same distant persona. Not my bag, man.

Before a certain someone asks, yes, Ilan is Jewish; but that's not why I like him. I didn't know he was Jewish until after I started writing this post. I'm sure some of the other guys on Top Chef are Jewish, too, but do you see me labeling them as my new celebrity crush? No, you don't. So stop judging me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with liking guys who belong to the Tribe. This goy has been choosing to crush on the Chosen People for quite some time. I was once on public transit with my friend and a bunch of conservative Jewish teen boys got on the train at one of the stops. My friend leaned over and said, "You're going to try to pick them up, aren't you?"

Carrie said...

I haven't watched the reunion special yet, but all I remember of Ilan was him being an assy douchebag most of the time. I can't bring myself to like assy douchebags, no matter how hot they are. Except for Evil Dr. Will Kirby on Big Brother. Now there's an ass I can get behind!

Bianca Reagan said...

cubical, I'm not sure that's legal. The teen part, that is. I'll have to expound on my apparent-but-not-actual Jewish guy fetish sometime.

carrie, maybe that's why I wasn't into him during Season 2. Also, I didn't see the last three episodes of that season, including when the infamous Marcel-head shaving incident happened. I don't watch Big Brother, so I haven't seen Will's booty.

Anonymous said...

Well, at the time I was a bit younger, so it might not have been so bad in the eyes of the law. In the eyes of God, maybe, but not the police.

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Hey, welcome back! Mmm, yes, the first guy is real cute...and I agree about the distant look in the 2nd guy's eyes. That kills my attraction faster than, um, something that kills something else really fast, like, instantaneously.

Yeah, anyway, I'm glad you're back on the blog.

Bianca Reagan said...

Thanks, catherine! I'm glad I'm back, too.