Tuesday, July 17, 2007

StumbleUpon



I was going to write a post about the book pictured above. I decided to read again after the racial angst of the past week. I do like to be right, but I would also like the ability to convince people of my rightness with subtlety and patience. That way, they'll think they came to the conclusion themselves.

Anyhoodle, while I was searching on Google for an image that would fit this smug post--preferably a picture of Ferguson Darling--I came across this page: Fear of the Dark, posted in 2004 by Syd Lexia.


...Nickelodeon [was far superior to The Disney Channel]. Shows like Finders Keepers, where contestants trashed rooms in order to find prizes, catered to what children wanted to see instead of what parents wanted children to see. In the early days, a lot of Nickelodeon's programs were borrowed. Early favorites such as Today's Special and You Can't Do That On Television were imported from Canada, while early cartoons were picked up in
syndication or imported from Japan, England, and even France. These included Looney Tunes, Heathcliff, Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, Danger Mouse, and Spartakus and the Sun Beneath The Sea. In the early 90s, Nickelodeon had a massive influx of original programming that included Clarissa Explains It All, Welcome Freshmen, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, and the first batch of cartoons produced explicitly for Nickelodeon. While Nickelodeon stuck mostly to cartoons, comedies, and game shows, they were always open to innovation. Nickelodeon decided to try out a horror show called Are You Afraid of the Dark? in 1992. This is the story of its first episode...

It goes on from there. And there are pictures! Yippee skippy.


Update (7/17/2007 2:50pm): In a bizarrely related note, I found this via Pajiba this afternoon: XYZ Affair - All My Friends, on College Humor.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I thought Sam was soo cute! I just looked him up to see if he's been in anything. He hasn't. :( But some girl is claiming this guy on My Space is him. (Gotta love My Space). It isn't but I guess he got so bombarded he had to write this blog.

blog.myspace.com/seanohno

LOVE IT!!! I wonder if Ferguson has a myspace??? :)