Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Ten years later . . .


Katherine Heigl says Knocked Up was sexist, by Jessica at Feministing.

In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, actress Katherine Heigl says that Knocked Up, was "a little sexist."


"It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight, and it paints the men as lovable, goofy, fun-loving guys," she says. "It was hard for me to love the movie."


Really Katherine? Here was my immediate response:


I've only been writing about this since this May when the movie came out. Katherine could have taken a looky-loo at my blog months ago. It was hard for me to simply tolerate the movie. Maybe she could have realized the overt sexism and misogyny saturated in the script when she first read it.


Other people had some strong words about this development as well. Feel free to share your reactions.
.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love the rant about Judd Apatow.

Bianca Reagan said...

Me too!