Friday, February 08, 2008

I discovered this new show.


It's called "Ugly Betty." You readers may have heard of it. My friends have been secretly watching this program for the past two years and hiding its fabulousness from me.

Oh, what's that? My friends have been telling me I should watch Ugly Betty since the show's debut in 2006? And on Super Bowl Sunday, after I mentioned that young brown performers like Bow Wow and Omarion should appear on more TV shows, all of my friends started yelling at me at the same time about the episode they were both in? Then my friends continued to be horrified when I told them the show used to conflict with 30 Rock and The Office, so it would be hard for me to catch up with it now? And my friends were still indignant when I said I felt bad going to the ABC website to watch the old episodes while the writers' strike is still going on? Hmm.

Okay, so while I was sick this week, I made another Christopher Columbus-type discovery called "Netflix." I signed up, put the first season of Ugly Betty in my queue, and I just finished episode three, "Queens for a Day," featuring self-aggrandizing director Billy Walsh from Entourage. Fun!

Also, how lovely is Jeremy Sisto in Law & Order this season? I didn't get Carrie's thing for the "Crazy Creepy Sisto" that she referenced in My Boys, but now I have my own thing for Detective Cyrus (huh?) Lupo, who's studying for law school in between murder investigations. He's trying to make a better life for himself. It's like a grown-up version of my infatuation with Charlie Conway from D2: The Mighty Ducks. I wasn't into Joshua Jackson. I was specifically attracted to his character Charlie in D2. Though not Charlie in The Mighty Ducks so much, and definitely not in D3. Charlie was such a loser in D3. And where was Brandon Adams? Was there only room enough for one black guy on the ice that time? No, I'm not counting Aaron Lohr because he is indeterminately ethnic. Why hasn't Aaron been on Ugly Betty?

Your thoughts?

.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you like it so far! :) Awe you are so smart to Netflix! That way you don't have to wait for the strike to be over to start watching.

Carrie said...

I am really behind in my Ugly Betty watching this season, but I really enjoyed season one. Marc and Amanda are so much fun.

Yes, I do like the Creepy Sisto. What can I say, I have issues.

Bianca Reagan said...

I have issues, too! I like Marc, but my new favorite is Henry. He's adorable. So my type. You all can keep Eric Mabius and his farkatke hair. I'll take the dorky guy in accounting.

Chrissy said...

No one wants Eric Mabius' character. Everyone wants Henry. So put 'em up I am ready to fight.

BUBBLE TEA USA, INC. said...

I never wanted to be Henry so bad. I absolutely love Betty. She is so cute and nerdy. I like geeky girls. She cracks me up.

Bianca Reagan said...

Welcome, Bubble Tea! Henry rocks my world. I love cute, nerdy guys.

Bianca Reagan said...

Also, how did you find my blog?