Friday, March 07, 2008

I'm sure you readers aren't avoiders.



Or are you?

Sixteen Maneuvers to Avoid Really Dealing with Racism
, by Holly at Feministe.

Which of these moves are you adept at? We all know some of them.

Confused? Feeling like you don’t understand how to execute or evade some of these maneuvers? Feel free to ask for help in the comments.

The Bootstrap Myth
“Racism is a thing of the past… this is a free country, and anyone who works hard can make it in America.”

The Backtrack

“Hey, wait a second, that’s not what I meant… I mean… you took my words out of context, don’t make it try to sound like I’m racist!”

The Remove the Right To Be Angry

“You’re too sensitive… if you weren’t so aggressive, vocal, hostile, angry, or upset, people would listen to you and you wouldn’t get in trouble!”


There's more. Keep reading!

.

2 comments:

Allison said...

This post reminded me of White Liberal BINGO. Spaces like "People shouldnt self-segregate" and "why cant I say nigga?!" lol It's hilarious.

Bianca Reagan said...

Welcome, allison! Do you have a blog, too?