Sunday, March 16, 2008

One nation under God




I received the following email in my Inbox today. It's not the first inflammatory forwarded message I have received. Though it is the first one I have posted here, which I must say demonstrates notable restraint on my part.


Subject: FW: FW: Muslims

Subject: Scary but real

Scary, and too real!!!

This is very interesting and just a bit scary
... But is it scary enough to generate something
besides talk? I'm afraid far too many Catholics,
Protestants, and Jews will wait until it hits them
upside the head on a very personal level before they
will do something besides talk about it. But by then
it will be too late.
The Muslim religion is the fastest growing
religion per capita in the United States, especially
in the minority races!!!
Allah or The Lord Jesus Christ? .. By Rick
Mathes
Last month I attended my annual training
session that's required for maintaining my state
prison security clearance. During the training
session there was a presentation by three speakers
representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and
Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs
I was particularly interested in what the
Islamic Im am had to say. The Imam gave a great
presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a
video. After the presentations, time was provided
for questions and answers.
When it was my turn, I directed my question to
the Imam and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm
wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics
of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war]
against the infidels of the world and, that by
killing an infidel, (which is a command to all
Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If
that's the case, can you give me the definition of
an infidel?'
There was no disagreement with my statements
and, without hesitation, he replied,
'Non-believers!'
I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this
straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded
to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they
can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'
The expression on his face changed from one of
au thority and command to that of 'a little boy who
had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'
He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'
I then stated, 'Well sir, I have a real
problem trying to imagine Pope Benedict commanding
all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr.
Charles Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the
same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'
The Imam was speechless!
I continued, 'I also have problem with being
your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are
telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a
question. Would you rather have your Allah, who
tells you to kill me in order for you to go to
heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because
I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there
with me?'
You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam
hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the
organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification'
training sem inar were not happy with Rick's way of
dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth
about the Muslims' beliefs.
In twenty years there will be enough Muslim
voters in the U.S. To elect the President! I think
everyone in the U.S. . Should be required to read
this, but with our liberal justice system, liberal
media and the ACLU, there is no way this will be
widely publicized. The most puzzling thing to me
is.. Once Islam takes over, there will no longer be
a liberal media or an ACLU, or a liberal justice
system. So in effect, they are slitting their own
throats by not publicizing this.
If you will, please pass this on to your
e-mail contacts. At least that is one thing we can
all do Then no one can say they were not warned in
time.
This is a true story and the author, Rick
Mathes, is a well-known leader in prison ministry

I replied to the sender with the following paragraph:

Muslims are not taking over. Also, Jewish people and people of other religions have more choices than "Allah or The Lord Jesus Christ?" Furthermore, Islam is a religion of peace, just as Christianity is supposed to be a religion of loving your neighbors.


What I really wanted to say was "you bleepity-bleep willfully ignorant hypocrites spouting this hate-mongering garbage, talking about Islam taking over the 'minority races'. How dare you. You should be ashamed of yourselves." But I didn't. I just wrote it behind their backs on my blog. If you're reading, hello!

This is same kind of nonsense that has permeated Senator Barack Obama's Presidential campaign. I'm all for people being proud of their Christianity and proud of their Presidential candidate. What I resent is propogandizing zealots who choose to tear down any opposing candidates or points of view, or in both cases, other religions.

To catch everyone up, over the past few weeks and month and possibly years, there have been repeated accusations that Senator Obama is a Muslim. Instead of saying, "I'm not a Muslim. So what if I were?", Senator Obama decided to adamantly state his allegiance to his Christian church, which has also come under some scrutiny lately. I couldn't find suitable links for everything, so do that Googling yourselves. Ooh, I did find the supposedly incriminating photo. Shocking!

I agree with ck's points in his post Obama: "I am a Christian." on Jewlicious:

Look, I know everyone means well. Obama wanted to correct inaccurate biographical information . . . But seriously though… what the fuck? For starters, the United States is supposed to be a country wherein there is a separation of Church and State. A candidate’s religion ought to be irrelevant. More pernicious though is the implication that Islam in the US in 2008 is a stain, like Judaism was in Poland in 1990, that will automatically render a candidate unfit for office . . .

. . . A candidate for political office’s religious orientation ought to be irrelevant in and of itself unless said candidate was running on a religious platform. Obama should have bravely declared that his religious beliefs are irrelevant and that even if he were a Muslim, this ought not impact on people’s decisions. Whatever. I’m not voting for him anyway.


What about the zealots and the tearing down I mentioned earlier? Here you go. Emphases and parentheses mine:

Black Hillary Supporters May Be Receiving Death Threats, by Marc Sheppard, at American Thinker.

Earlier this month, popular black author and talk-show host Tavis Smiley disclosed death threats he'd received from those accusing him of blasphemy against their black prophet. Then, at Saturday's Smiley-hosted State of the Black Union forum [which I taped and enjoyed], Congressional Black Caucus member Stephanie Tubbs Jones lent credence to Smiley's claim by suggesting that many black elected officials not swearing allegiance to Obama have also been the target of violent threats.

While widely ignored by the mainstream media, the implications here are nothing short of momentous . . .

For nine years running, Smiley has hosted the annual symposium of black college professors, politicians, activists, and entertainers during Black History Month discussing matters of concern to those whose heritage the month honors. This year [and last year, too!], Barack Obama declined an invitation -- accepted by Clinton -- to address the panel of black dignitaries in New Orleans. The Illinois senator and presidential hopeful's unexpected rejection prompted a disappointed Smiley to blast the decision as a "major mistake," and that's when the trouble allegedly began.

The perceived racial apostasy apparently sparked not only thousands of angry emails labeling Smiley as a "hater, sellout and traitor," but also the relentless harassment of his entire family. And, while he has yet to elaborate, Smiley has also mentioned the matter of death threats - levied for the mere suggestion that the mighty Obama had somehow erred.

That's all I have to say for now.
.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Is that movie already out on DVD? I kind of want to see it! *hangs head* It looks cute.... shut up!:)

Bianca Reagan said...

I watched yesterday on my OnDemand. You can find it in Free Movies under Sundance. It's available until 3/25/2008.

angryyoungwoman said...

Okay, curiosity first, what's OnDemand? I guess I could google it. Silly me.

Awhile back, I took a class called Humanities of Islam (it was the coolest class EVER). A girl in the class and I were assigned to do a presentation on the Arab-Israli conflict. Weird coincidence: her dad is Muslim, my heritage is Jewish. It was an interesting project to complete, and the tensions overseas are very real, but the scaremongering in the US is insane. Everytime I get a stupid right-wing email like that, I Snopes it offhand, then send back the corrected version. Because, you know, people should have to eat their words.

Chrissy said...

I remember when that movie was being advertised. I should look at my OnDemand list again...

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Ugh. Just...ugh. All that crap about Muslims. Ugh!

I got nothin' more to say.

(Except, hi! I hope you're doing great! :)

Bianca Reagan said...

ayw, OnDemand comes with Time Warner Cable. You can pick the shows and movies you would like to see if they are being offered during that period of time. It's like having a video rental store in your cable box, except most of the programming is free/paid-for-already.

catherine, I'm doing well. I have lots of things to occupy my time, including watching Ugly Betty.

Câmera Digital said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Bianca Reagan said...

How bizarre. How do these things select my blog to comment on?