Monday, June 16, 2008

"Brando's gay book."


Jim Gaffigan, you know I love you. However, did anything cross your mind when you were delivering your homophobic lines on the season premiere of My Boys last week? There are many people out there who like to read and who are not gay. Conversely, there are gay people who don't like to read. I'm pretty sure some of them watch your show. So. Since you've been trying to clean up your stand-up act by cutting out the unnecessary profanity, thereby expanding your audience and making your jokes even funnier, how about you also stop calling books "gay" on your national television show? Thank you!

In other news, PJ and Bobby? That's so first season. When will fans get the much-demanded Bobby and Brando hookup?

.

4 comments:

Irwin Handleman said...

It might make your life a lot easier if you just come to grips with the fact that you don't understand comedy or jokes or anything humor related.

It seems a lot of your frustration comes from not know what a joke is.

Bianca Reagan said...

Welcome back, irwin! Thank you for providing me with a concrete example of people who still don't get it. If nothing else, you have helped sharpen my wits before I embark on the next two years. Try reading Am I Blue? and watching The Laramie Project before judging my alleged lack of understanding of what a joke is.

Irwin Handleman said...

So I guess that means you're not going to come to grips with it?

I don't know if those are the best books for you to read to better understand comedy, but they do sound very, very gay. And you're gay for reading them.

Bianca Reagan said...

I came to grips with my comedic sensibility a couple years ago. It continues to be awe-inspiring.

Also, irwin, if you personally have not turned me gay by now, then nothing will. "I've never had soup." What is that about?