Saturday, August 23, 2008

When your running mate has deemed you


the pro-woman candidate in hopes to win over his former opponent's supporters, do not then make a joke about your wife:

Ladies and gentlemen, my wife Jill, who you'll meet soon, is drop dead gorgeous. My wife Jill, who you'll meet soon, she also has her doctorate degree, which is a problem. But all kidding aside . . .


It is heartwarming to discover what Joe Biden values in his woman. Attractiveness, yes. Higher education, no. Keep that patriarchy alive and kicking, Joe.

I think this will play out slightly better than the time Senator Biden called a certain Senator from Illinois "clean" and "articulate".

.

5 comments:

Renee said...

It will be a competition between him and McCain to see who can say the most stupid shit until November. By the end of this we may all be longing for Bushes idiocy.

Tobes said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

This election is getting less and less "so bad it's funny" and just becoming "so bad I could cry."

Any chance in hell I'm dreaming?

angryyoungwoman said...

Oy. What an ass. A friend and I were discussing last night just how much the sheen has worn off Obama and how much we wish Hillary had gotten the nomination.

Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bianca Reagan said...

renee, I will never long for that.

tobes, you're not dreaming.

ayw, I still wish Al Gore had rightfully taken the election in 2000.