Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Musings from a Black Woman: Classy People on VH1


I can't find a video clip of the VH1 commercial in which Fantasia, Pepa, Kittie, and Jacque talk about black women. So I have transcribed what they said below:


Fantasia: How would I personally describe the modern black woman?

Pepa: Strong.

Kittie: Determined? Resourceful?

Pepa: Getting an education. Not taking no for an answer.

Fantasia: Independent. Confident.

Pepa: Women today, like the Oprahs and Michelle Obama, are, you know, living example
of that.

Kittie: I don't need a big S on my chest. But I would like to be acknowledged.

Jacque: Amazingly resilient.

Fantasia: Yeah. That's our black woman of today.


Why the baby picture? Because who doesn't love a happy baby? I hope she grows up to be a happy black woman.

~

Now for some not so classy people on VH1:




Happy Black History Month!

.

No comments: