Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Who let this bigot run for President?

(In case you're wondering which bigot I'm referring to, the one pictured above is Mitt Romney.)

Romney targets gay marriage in new ad, by Mike Glover, AP via Yahoo! News.

Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney is launching a radio ad touting the strength of his opposition to gay marriage.

Romney, who has come under criticism from conservatives for his past support of some gay rights issues, says he is the only major GOP candidate backing a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage.

"Not all Republican candidates agree, but defending marriage is the right thing to do," Romney says in the 60-second spot to begin airing Wednesday.

"As Republicans we must oppose discrimination and defend traditional marriage: one man, one woman," Romney says in the spot.


Does Mitt Romney not know what the word discrimination means? I don't need another butcher of the English language sitting in the White House again.

3 comments:

Catherine Avril Morris said...

Hahaha!! That's hilarious! Man. I love the way Republicans--okay, people in general--can just twist words around however they want, use them to mean whatever they want, massacre the language, not to mention basic codes of ethics and decency...and some people still take them seriously. And they still get to take out ads on the radio and everything. Wow. I do love free speech, because it makes me laugh.

Bianca Reagan said...

If you love free speech, see the video I posted today under "What Randi Rhodes has been angry about." It makes me proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. That sentence isn't even grammatically correct, much less accurate.

Dana said...

Mitt Romney is actually a fairly good public speaker. So I wouldn't go so far as to say that he would butcher the English language.