Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm not supposed to care about SNL anymore.


Saturday Night Live and I broke up at the end of last season. To be precise, I was the one who dumped SNL, after waiting two or three years longer than I should have. Anyway, Mad TV and I already had a thing going on the side for a while. I was enticed by Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele doing "Man Up," stomping and clapping to their own beats to mollify their frequent superstitions. But it became real for me when Jordan and Crista Flanagan started krumping. Oh, the hilarity! Now Mad TV's my Boo. The FOX sketch comedy show might not have the pedigree of NBC's SNL, but who cares about a show's history when it's Bor-ing. ER, take note.

The last really good time SNL and I had together happened in late 2003, with the Justin Timberlake perfomance. "Bring it on in to Omeletville!" Good times, good times. Even with that ephemeral spark of humor from JT, SNL couldn't stop its choo-choo train from staying the course on the downward spiral to oblivion.

As reported on Defamer, Horatio Sanz, Finesse Mitchell and Chris Parnell were officially kicked of the show today. Regarding Parnell, my only words are, what took them so long? Horatio and Finesse? Eh. Getting rid of them is not going to make the show any funnier. That's like fishing some dog turds out of the sewer to improve the scent. Hey, SNL people. Y'all still stinky poo. The only people worth keeping around on that show are Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers. Seth only gets a nod from me because I saw See This Movie, and it wasn't that bad. Everyone else? Get those headshots ready. Your buns won't be safe for long.

No comments: