Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Smithsonian Magazine's The Last Word

I was alerted by a MySpace bulletin that Reza Aslan is featured in this month's Smithsonian Magazine. I'm not a subscriber, nor was I previously aware that such a magazine existed. However I did read the article online, along with Reza's answers to the magazine's questionnaire entitled "The Last Word". Below are my current answers to the same questions. My responses will change by the beginning of next year.

1. Three words someone else would use to describe me are smart, funny and uptight.

2. My greatest professional influence is Gerry Laybourne.

3. My fondest memory is traveling with my Mummy to New York City.

4. The last book I read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm on chapter four.

5. If I could have dinner with anyone living or dead it would be Al Gore. I have a few more people I would like to dine with, but he's first.

6. Three things I can't live without are water, TV and hugs.

7. The most pressing issue facing the world is the military industrial complex and every inhumane force that comes with it.

8. The most important lesson I ever learned was to work smart, not hard, no matter what your career counselor tells you.

9. My advice for those just starting out in this profession is this: Figure out what you want to do and who you want to be. Make sure you're climbing up the right ladder to success, and don't be afraid to construct your own. Ladder, that is.

10. My motto is: Everybody poops, even celebrities and "elected" officials. So give people the respect you think they have earned, not the respect their publicists have told you they deserve.



#

I love how they titled the larger piece "37 under 36: America's Young Innovators in the Arts and Sciences". How specific, yet not so. Also, where's my profile, Smithsonian? I've got a decade before I turn 36, I'm innovative and I'm artsy.

No comments: