Saturday, June 09, 2007

My favorite thing today


other than recovering from the GMAT:

Fame Audit: The Cast Of Gilmore Girls, on Television Without Pity.

An excerpt:

Melissa McCarthy constantly and gleefully tapdances all over the line separating the adorable from the insufferable. That line can be very fine. Her unending chirp is endearing in small doses, but she's likely to remain in supporting roles as assorted best friends, unless she's capable of toning it down, which seems doubtful. She displays an admirably sunny disposition, certainly, but not one that's going to make her a leading lady. Frankly, at thirty-seven, she's already played a "Doris" and a "Shirley," so nobody's thinking in those terms anyway.

If I ran Hollywood, I'd make her a leading lady. I love Sookie! She's so much fun. Plus, she's starring in pamie's new show.

It sounds weird to say "The good news is that she's about to star in Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 2," but it's very true of Alexis Bledel. Although she was part of a great ensemble on Gilmore Girls, it's hard to know how well that nervous talking thing she does is going to play in any other setting, so it's good that she has a franchise to work on for now. She's managed to get through seven seasons as a pretty young actress without doing almost anything else that got her any attention, and she may have failed to capitalize on her moment.

I know I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Rory slowly fade away.

No comments: