Monday, August 07, 2006

Let's Talk about Sex



Sexual lyrics prompt teens to have sex.

I know when I was nine and I was listening to Color Me Badd's "I Wanna Sex You up", and Salt 'N Pepa's "Push It," I immediately found the cutest boy in a 100-foot radius and demanded that he had sex with me.

Oh, wait. I wasn't a "teen" at nine years old? Oops. Well then...

I know when I was 13 and I was listening to Janet Jackson's "If," Janet Jackson's "Throb," Janet Jackson's "Any Time, Any Place," pretty much anything suggestive in the Janet Jackson oeuvre, I immediately wanted to get my groove thing on with the greasy, adolescent males that populated my 8th grade class.

I know when I was 17 and I was listening to Limp Bizkit then-frontman Fred Durst screech "I did it all for the nookie," I immediately knew that I too wanted to do it all for the nookie. Yes indeed, I, a young woman starting her first year at university, hoped I could emulate the sexual prowess of that bald, sweaty, tattooed, corpulent college dropout--whose career highlights later included telling the world that he banged both Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears, along with remaining completely oblivious to the irony in The Who's classic, "My Generation."

Considering the amount of sexual material I have listened to, read or watched during my years on this planet, according to AP Medical Writer Lindsey Tanner's obviously well-researched article, I should be engaged in an orgy right now.

No comments: