Thursday, August 03, 2006

Losers should have a mating call

...so I can run in the opposite direction.


From the Mixed-Up Files of Ms. Bianca Erin-Dempsey.

January 16, 2005
:


I got stood up last night.

I was supposed to have a first date with yet another guy I met online, and he just didn't show up. What a jerk. Why bother going through the trouble of setting up a date if you don't want to go through with it? How lame.

The good thing is that a year ago, I would have been devastated, and blamed myself for not picking up on clues, or for not being pretty enough for someone to follow through on a date with. Now after two months of actually dating experience, I don't blame myself at all. I have just grown even more distrustful of guys. Especially the ones that say looks don't matter, and then spend their time chasing after hot, dumb girls who treat them like crap. These particular have now topped my list of People I Hate. (My list isn't that long either, because I usually like most everyone I come in contact with, unless they are mean to me.)

I know I sound bitter. I'm not saying all guys act like this. I'm just frustrated that I have to go through all this nonsense to find one compatible male person to hang out with on a regular basis.

Why is this so hard? I'm a nice girl. It's not fair that despite my caring nature, my kindness towards, and my healthy choices, I don't get to experience love, because I wasn't born with the right size and shape and color and hair type to attract American men my age.

No comments: