Saturday, August 12, 2006

Touched by My Last Action Baby-Sitter. 2.



Whatever happened to Austin O'Brien, i.e. one of my many adolescent crushes? According to IMDb, last year he starred in A Christmas Too Many, and supposedly he is currently "in production" on Defining Moments. I loved him in My Girl 2, also know as "the one without Macaulay Culkin." He was the best part of Last Action Hero, and clearly the most adorable guy in The Baby-Sitters Club. And in 1996, I seriously squealed and danced around my living room when I discovered he would be on my tv every week on the Touched by an Angel spinoff, Promised Land.

My entertainment enjoyment hasn't been the same since Austin went into relative obscurity in 1998. Sure, I kept busy with my other crushes on celebrity contemporaries, including Thomas Ian Nicholas, Jonathan Jackson, the members of both Backstreet Boys and *N Sync, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Heath Ledger, David Krumholtz, Ben Foster, Ryan Gosling, Joshua Jackson...clearly the list goes on.

Maybe Spinner from Degrassi: The New Generation is the new coming of Austin O'Brien. Admittedly, Spinner, whose real name I can't be bothered to look up, isn't quite as cute as Austin. But hey, at least Spin's on a hit show. And Austin is, um...doing something, somewhere? Isn't he?

No comments: